This + That
- Not Yet Titled — a public art project for the City of Vancouver. Photographic installation and new-media component to be installed at Granville and Robson skytrain station windows.
- Underwater Chinatown — An interactive website commissioned by Cinevolution Media Arts Society. With Faith Moosang. Looks at the “heyday” of Cantonese Opera in Vancouver (circa 1895 – lates 1920s). Should launch this May. Cinevolution will present this work at ISEA in HongKong, 2016.
- Side Note — as part of the project for COV (above), I have rehabilitated the beautiful beast – Mamiya C33 – that launched the Obsolescence Project blog. It weighs over 4 lbs and is solidly mechanical. Thinking about a blog post that reflects on the rehabilitation of the analogue, the difference between the nostalgic impulse and the labour which redeems that impulse.
- ELO 2016 — Deanne Achong and Faith Moosang will present the app “Lulu Sweet: A Gold Rush Tale in 8 Acts” at Victoria this summer for the Next Horizons 2016 Electronic Literature Organization festival and conference. Looking forward to seeing some faces I met in Norway last year, and meeting new ELO folks.
- Blogging — Working on series of posts on narrative and narrativity in the digital world. Undecided about where to post them. Thus they remain top-secret until hacked.